The first day of Ramadan is going to be tomorrow Saturday May 27th. Join ICL tonight at 10PM to pray Isha and Taraweeh. Prayers will be led by Brothers AbdulRahman and AbulRahim.
We are all excited to welcome the month of the Ramadan in few weeks.
Join us Sunday Isha time to listen to the beautiful recitations of AbdulRahman & AbdulRaheem. They will be leading us this month during Taraweeh.
We are blessed to have two committed Imams (Abdulrahman and AbdulRaheem) for this coming Ramadan. Please join Isha every Sunday to listen to their beautiful recitation.
Friday July 1st, we are having our last Iftar potluck. Join us and bring a dish to share with your fellow Muslims.
We will complete the Quran on Wednesday June 29th In Sha Allah. Please join us at 10:10 PM. We would like to take this opportunity and encourage you to donate for the two Huffath who led the Taraweeh this year. Please donate and label the envelop so we know it is going toward their gift.
ICL holds ONE fundraising per year, please donate generously in order to cover our expenses for the whole year.
List of monthly expenses:
Quran/Sunday School: $1,000
These expenses do not include maintenance and renovation, Taraweeh Hafizs, security system, etc.
Jakazom Allah Khair!
- Please join us at Isha to pray Taraweeh. Enjoy the beautiful recitation led by Hafith Kamran Ahmad and Hafith Mattiullah Barekzaie.
- Khatim is projected to be on Wednesday June 29th (the night of the 25th of Ramadan).
- Our annual fundraising Iftar is on Friday June 24th. Note that ICL does ONE fundraising per year , please join us and support your center! Food will be provided. Please text (925) 315-7402 to confirm the number of people attending from your family.
- We have two potluck Iftars. Friday June 17th and July 1st. Please text (925) 315-7402 the item you wish to bring.
- Zakat Al-Fitr is $7 per family member. Pay it by the 15th of Ramadan to give us time to distribute it.
- Dates and Milk are provided daily at ICL. Dates are on Entrance table, Milk is in the fridge.
You can pay Zakat el Fitr here. We recommend that you pay it by the 15th of Ramadan to give us some time to distribute it before Eid Prayers. $7 per family member.
Sadaqat al-fitr is obligatory upon every Muslim who is self-supporting, if he has one “Saa’” or more than he needs of food for himself and his family on the day and night of Eid. If a person does not pay zakaat al-fitr, he is sinning, and he has to make it up.
Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined zakaat al-fitr, a saa’ of dates, or a saa’ of barley, upon all the Muslims, slave and free, male and female, young and old, and he commanded that it be paid before the people went out to pray.” Agreed upon; this version was narrated by al-Bukhaari.
And Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri narrated: “We used to pay zakaat al-fitr when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was alive, a saa’ of food or a saa’ of dates or a saa’ of barley or a saa’ of raisins or a saa’ of dried yoghurt.” Agreed upon.
Ramadan Mubarak! The moon has been sighted by Ummulqura. The first day of Ramadan will be on Monday June 6th 2016.
Taraweeh prayers will be lead by Hafith Kamran after Isha tonight. See time table below.
Dates and milk, will be provided daily at ICL.
The Hoffath are planning to complete the recitation of the holy Quran on July 11th. Please join us for Iftar on that day and perform Qiyam to harvest the Ajir of the completion.